To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.

press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom

Notre histoire

1990 - Les réunions de louange et d'adoration commencent dans la maison de James et Jill Mills, avec Norman et Shirley Halsall, et Dimitri et Debbie Karavias.

 

1991, Septembre - Le groupe du mardi soir est passé de 20 à 40 adultes par semaine et le pasteur américain, Phil Buechler, demande à James Mills de trouver un pasteur pour créer une église à partir de ce groupe. Un voyage est organisé pour Phil et son épouse, ainsi que Fred Bennet et son épouse, venus de l'église ‘Christ the Rock Church’ près de Memphis, pour visiter Valbonne et faire connaissance avec le groupe du mardi soir.

 

1991, Décembre - Les Buechlers et les Bennets visitent Valbonne et suggèrent qu’un service du dimanche soit organisé alors qu'ils commencent à chercher un pasteur.

 

1992, Janvier - Des réunions le dimanche matin commencent chez les Mills. Cinq adultes sont présents!

 

1992, Avril - Phil Buechler et le pasteur anglais Dave Day visitent Valbonne et suggèrent que le groupe choisisse un nom et s’inscrive comme église.

 

1992, Octobre - Alan Valentine arrive en tant que pasteur avec sa famille.

 

1992, Novembre - Les réunions du dimanche matin se déplacent à l'Hôtel Médiathel, à Sophia Antipolis.

 

1996, Mai - Les premiers anciens, James Mills et Clive Hoggar sont nommés par Phil Buechler. Les réunions retournent à l'hôtel Médiathel, maintenant ré-ouvert. L'église est maintenant bilingue, et en plus des services du dimanche matin, les réunions du dimanche soir sont également organisés en français.​

 

1996, Sep - Meetings move from Mediathel to the 360-seat auditorium of Groupe CERAM at Sophia Antipolis. Sunday morning attendance now equals 60 to 70 adults, plus children.

 

1996, Nov - Approximately 35 attendees of Cornerstone approve Articles and members of the Administrative Council in order to register as a cultural organisation under the law of 1905, as well as continuing under the 1901 law.

 

1999, Jan - For the first time, Cornerstone moves into its ‘own’ rented facility, with capacity for around 200+ people.

 

1999 to 2009:

  • Clive Hoggar appointed as elder.

  • Expand the meeting room by taking on more space and classrooms. Total seating 300  and four classrooms.

 

2010, May - James Morgan appointed as assistant pastor.

 

2011, December - Our founder and leader James Mills passed away on Sunday evening December 4th.  A celebratory Memorial Service was held for James on Wednesday 7th December. With a mixture of sadness for our loss, gratefulness for the lives that James led to Jesus and his powerful teaching and encouragement to live a Holy Spirit-filled life, we were also full of joy knowing his everlasting life in heaven had begun.

 

2012, January.  James Morgan takes up the role of pastor.

 

2014, April - Three elders are appointed. They are Arnaud BAXAS, Blessed ANIEFIOK and Mark WALLIS.  These three men have been serving the church faithfully for many years with their wives and families and have been steadfast, always wanting the church to follow Jesus Christ.